OUR web stats for 2014 show a 44 per cent rise in pageviews and unique pageviews, as well as an improvement in bounce rate and exit percentage.
Google Analytics stats track almost 10,000 unique pageviews, with the United States accounting for 39 per cent of sessions, Canada 18 per cent, the United Kingdom 16 per cent, Australia 4 per cent and China nearly 3 per cent. We had no hits from Kazakhstan, Iran, Libya or Bolivia so we’ll work harder in 2015 to be of interest to everyone, anywhere.
Top stories in terms of pageviews in 2014 were:
1. Shipping containers: 60 years in the box
2. Women of the world paint stories with song
3. Why listening to Louis Armstrong could lead to riskier bets
4. Our 2013 feature on 30 years of Reading Rainbow
5. Part 1 of our investigation, What are we wearing